Monday, November 9, 2009

Less than a week? Seriously?!

6 days left in New Zealand.

Today I had a day out with Lauren Baier. We started by stopping at the French bakery for some fresh pastries and then, after running some errands, got lunch at the first restaurant we both ate at and visited Te Papa, the New Zealand National Museum that both of us that have not spent nearly enough time in. All in all, a fantastic day.

Lauren has been one of my closest friends since I arrived in New Zealand. Most of our street was part of the IFSA Butler program, but Lauren and I were here pretty much on our own. We almost immediately bonded over our love of food. I've seen a huge amount of this country with Lauren, including my 2 week road trip around the South Island. There has only been one trip without her, and it just wasn't the same. And if that trip was an hint, life without Lauren is going to be tough. I know that when I'm home again, I'll miss her reactionary moods, upbeat party personality and our discussions of food, Shortland Street and other important aspects of life.

As my New Zealand life comes to a close, I'm starting to question how my life at UD is going to feel when I get back. Sure I'll be able to fall right back into my old routines; going to rehearsals, working, giving tours and back to classes. But how will my life be without what has become so routine here? It'll be such a different feeling for a while, and I'm not sure how that's going to affect me. But I guess I'll have to tune in then to let you all know how its going.

Here's some of my favourite pictures of Adventures with Lauren.

Till tomorrow,

Liam










No comments:

Post a Comment